News & Events
Enjoy a special lunch with your mum at The Cottage
3 course lunch $85 per person, children under 12 years $25
– Gin and dill cured ocean trout with Feijoa and pink grape fruit
– Chicken and corn dumplings with shiitake and baby leek broth
– Buffalo Mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, baby beets and pesto
– Prawn cocktails, retro style
MAINS (served with sides)
– Dry-aged scotch fillet, The Cottage mash and back bean butter
– Chicken supreme, crisp polenta and sweet corn
– Market fish with pepperonata, baby capers and salsa verde
– Smoked lamb shoulder (for two) Turkish couscous & minted yogurt
– frozen white chocolate parfait with berry sorbet, chocolate soil
– Orange and almond cake with yoghurt ice cream
– Crème brulee with poached rhubarb
Bookings are essential on 6545 1215 or online at our contact us page.
(Have your credit card handy to secure your table.)
POSITIONS VACANT | Chef de Partie & a competent 2nd or 3rd year apprentice
The Cottage is an award-winning restaurant located in Scone in the Upper Hunter Valley and has gained a reputation as one of the top restaurants in the region producing some of the finest dry aged beef in the country. This is a great opportunity to further your skills under the guidance of a talented and passionate leader.
We are seeking a Chef de Partie and a competent 2nd or 3rd year apprentice chef to work with a small team consistently delivering above expectations to all our guests. You will understand the importance of supporting senior staff and delivering quality product each and every time.
This is a fast paced well-organised kitchen and you must ready to hit the ground running.
The roles demand:
– Reliable and flexible – your working week is split shifts Tuesday – Saturday, occasional Sundays)
– Positive attitude and willingness to learn
– The ability to take instruction and think on your feet
The successful applicants will have the following skills and attributes:
– The desire to succeed as a professional Chef
– Can handle pressure in a fast paced kitchen
– A true passion food
– Team player
– Good written and oral communication skills
– An understanding of the fundamentals of cooking and food safety requirements
In return you will be taught valuable skills including old fashion butchery.
If you are passionate, have a strong work ethic, passion for hospitality and enjoy the challenges of a busy environment, then please submit your application including current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to subscribe to out newsletter to ensure you get all the latest news straight to your inbox.